Thursday, October 9, 2008

Halloween ideas

There are so many fun crafts and treats to make this time of year. These are some of my favorites I've come across... okay, more like these are the ideas I think I might actually be able to make on my own and not break the bank.

We rarely make Carmel apples because they are so huge my kids usually throw most of it away so I love this idea from family fun to use a melon-baller and make little bite-size Carmel apples, PERFECT!
And I couldn't stop giggling when I saw these mummies. What a fun dinner idea for Halloween night.


When we loaded up our HUGE (the biggest one they had) moving truck we couldn't fit everything (we don't have that much stuff... it's a long story) and unfortunately our fall/ Halloween decor was left behind so I've been keeping my eye out for some fun and simple ideas to decorate. I especially love the projects my kids can help me do like this one I saw on Hostess with the Mostess

This is another cute idea from Hostess with the Mostess. I love the candy corn in the vase with the candles. I know my crafty neighbor has something similar on her mantel.


This one is fun, I love the paper she used. It would be so cute on my black door.
That will have to do for now. Kids are calling.


4 comments:

Melissa {polkadot chair} said...

Hi
I saw those hotdogs too and put them on the list for dinner halloween night!
I love love love your blog.. keep posting, you have such awesome ideas!
M-

Connie Babe said...

tamra's sister, connie here...

i love this blog!!!

i go to your parent's blog every once in awhile. saw your link to this one and...very very cool!

Melissa said...

I love it. I'm stealing your idea for the mummies. I bet your house is so cute this time of year!

Thrifty Decor Chick said...

The melon ball thingy is a PERFECT idea. But I'll eat about 10 of those instead of one regular apple. I may try that -- the candy apple kit is on the counter waiting!! Love your blog!