Saturday, August 9, 2008

Above my Cabinets


I love my white kitchen and wanted to keep it looking clean and open and clutter-free but at the same time I wanted to add a little bit of color without painting or adding clutter to my counter tops.

I came up with this idea to use fake grass to add some greenery and give it that "country kitchen" look but still keep it clean looking and then put a few accents to bring in the red and yellow.


Anyway, I like it a lot because it draws your eye up and makes the room feel a little taller plus I love the look of the signs.

The only problem is that I think I need a few more decorative items but I'd worried that if I add any more then it will be to cluttery and make the room feel smaller. Does that make sense? Any thoughts?

3 comments:

Melissa said...

It's darling! I don't think it would look cluttered or smaller if you added just a few more things up there! Maybe something like a pottery piece, something long and skinny and I don't know what else. I think it really is so cute. Simple and clean looking and... cute!

Dianna said...

I was looking at some of your older posts and came by this one. Did you make the home, family and cuisine signs or buy them?

THANKS!

Jess said...

Love the grass!! I need something above my cabinets and that is genius! Where did you get yours at?